Oracle 8 DB link to Oracle 7.3.4

From: Russ Frier <rfrier_at_scad.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 08:31:33 -0500

I have a puzzling situation. In an Oracle 8 database, I create a db link to an oracle 7 database. I know that this oracle 7 database is up and reachable from the same machine that the oracle 8 database is running on (via sqlplus,svrmgrl). However, when I create the link and attempt to use it, I get the message:
'ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name'. Any ideas? Russ Received on Fri Jan 15 1999 - 07:31:33 CST