Re: tuning redo logs

From: Daniel Ady Surya <Daniel.Surya_at_mincom.co.id>
Date: 15 Jan 1999 04:44:40 GMT

Hi Robles..,
The online redo log files record the transactions that occur within database.
We have to prevent a log switch occured no more often than every 30 minutes.
Use this query to show the time of each log switch: Select to_char(to_date(time,'MM/DD/YY HH24:MI:SS'),'HH24:MI:SS') from v$log_history where to_date(time,'MM/DD/YY HH24:MI:SS') > sysdate-1 order by to_date(time,'MM/DD/YY HH24:MI:SS') desc; If log switch occured more often than every 30 minutes, the online redo log files are too small.
Be aware, if large online redo log files are used, instance recovery will take a long
time because of the large number of redo log entries that must be applied.

I hope this will help you
Regards,

Daniel AS
IT Consultant (DBA)

Osvaldo Robles <orobles1_at_coqui.ney> wrote in article <2Vyn2.305$Za3.2692_at_news13.ispnews.com>...