Re: Oracle 8i

From: Greg Vitetzakis <ggv007_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 22:03:45 -0500

Here's the deal,

Oracle 8i is really Oracle 8.1.5 (this will be the version release in march). Oracle 8.0.4 (current version) will be upgraded to 8i. This means all current sites with Oracle 8 will get an upgrade to 8i. What this
all means is that the "i" has been added for marketing purposes.

Believe me, there's a lot of new feature from Oracle 8 -> 8i.

I hope this clears things out.

Greg Vitetzakis
gvitetzakis_at_parmatec.com