Re: 1000 concurrent users?

From: Paul <aspscott_at_tcp.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 01:12:33 GMT

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999 18:18:24 -0500, Bruce Tobin <btobin_at_columbus.rr.com> wrote:

>Anybody running 1000+ concurrent users against an Oracle database in a
>2-tier client/server configuration? If so, how is the performance?

I've heard of some having a server bank of TeraBytes (Oracle claims its biggest client has a data warehouse of 23 TB!!) and 1000s of concurrent users, although you'd have to have a superfast/wide bandwidth network infrastructure and a lot of capital to play with ;o).

B.T.W. almost 100% of all large internet sites (search engines like Yahoo etc.) have an Oracle backbone, even Microsoft supposedly use Oracle. What does that say about SQL Server?

Paul
aspscott_at_tcp.co.uk
^^ remove 'as' anti spam prefix to reply Received on Thu Jan 14 1999 - 19:12:33 CST