Problem starting up Oracle database 7.3.2

From: R. ter Haar <r.ter.haar_at_gelrevision.nl>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 21:05:21 +0100

Hi,
A few weeks ago we installed a Digital 4000 UNIX server at our site. This UNIX server was already used in an other department and was working with an Oracle database 7.3.2. After installation we changed the name of the machine. Now we are having troubles starting the database probably due to this changing of names.

I changed the machine names in TNSLISTENER.ORA and TNSNAMES.ORA.

After run dbstart the only proces running is tnslistener.

Does anyone know if i have forgotten to check a file or how where i can find error messages ???????

Thanks Robert Received on Thu Jan 14 1999 - 14:05:21 CST