Re: Recovering database with corrupted redo log files and no good backup

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 14:04:25 -0500

What Alex and Jeremiah said is correct but you should also name the corrupted rollback segments in your init.ora parameters using a line like this:

_corrupted_rollback_segments = (r01)

This technique can destroy your database so you should use it only if you're sunk anyway. And it is not supported by Oracle. However, I was on a site about a month ago where this situation occurred and I used this method and we saved the database minus about two hours of users' work.

Van