Re: Disabling indicies

From: Tim Eyres <tim.eyres_at_genedata.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 16:45:15 +0100

Scott Johnson wrote:

> You'll have to drop the index and re-create. You can speed up the process
> by using unrecoverable when re-creating the index.

ugh, that's what I thought. I'm not loading using SQL*Loader so can't use direct path loads as suggested by Rene Hoekstra.

I only see significant time problems when I use a bitmap index which seems to incure a considerable amount of time on the loading. As long as I don't use bitmap indicies it's fine, but when I do I would like to disable and then enable them. Or alternatively I would like to not see any speed difference between standard indicies and bitmap indicies.

Tim Received on Thu Jan 14 1999 - 09:45:15 CST