Re: Listener - name vs IP address question

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 23:21:00 +0100

Hi David,

AFAIK this is standard tcp/ip behavior. As soon as the address is being translated to an ip address by DNS, this is being used in all communications. This sounds OK to me, as otherwise the symbolic address needs to be translated every time. I have executed similar tests on AIX (RS6000) and got similar results.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA