Re: Snapshot too old: Rollback Segment number xx with name 'ccc' too small

From: <rdfield_at_ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 17:29:47 +0000

Are you sure that you're using the right rollback segment? Issue the command
set transaction use rollback segment <big rollback segment name> before your update

and from a different connection use

select * from v$rollstats where usn = <int>

where <int> is the id for the rollback segment you're using (you can find the usn by looking in v$rollname)

Keep re-issueing the select until you find out what the problem is or the update works.

Raymond Field