Re: How do I MOVE a database?

From: R. A. Khan <khan_at_informatik.fh-hamburg.de>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 18:06:21 +0100

dperez_at_juno_nospam.com wrote:

> Um, guys, you're making me nervous here... Is this a particularly bizarre thing
> to do, exceptionally difficult in Oracle, or is it so blatantly obvious I have
> to be a nitwit not to know how to get it to work?

Mr. Dperez,

it is not very difficult in Oracle to move it - in Unix. I shut down, copy the files (control, redo, system, rbs, etc) umount the disks, mount the new one to the old mount point, copy the files to the new disk, mount it and thats it. May be half an hour (If this was your intention).

It's not difficult, nor bizarre. I can't say it in NT. But now i am also curious : differs it so much in NT or where was the problem ?

regards

--
R A Khan
khan_at_informatik.fh-hamburg.de