sqlnet.expire_time - Help !!

From: Andrew Gilkes <andyg_at_kalamazoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 16:50:07 -0000

Hi,

The application/Database that I currently support is about to have a number of PC's running Forms45 connected to it. In anticipation of these PC's hanging and leaving their SQL*NET sessions hanging around, I have tried to config SQL*NET.expire_time parameter in the SQLNET.ORA file on the PC's.

I have started by setting the value to 2 minutes and then crashing the PC. At some time later 5 - 30 minutes, the server side terminates the session.

Is this usual ? If so why so much variance in the delay ? Has anybody made use of this parameter successfully ?

For info we are using Server: Oracle 7.3.4.2/NCR 03.02/ SQL*NET 2.3.4

                                PC:      Developer2000 1.3.2 / SQL*NET 2.2.2

Thanks

Andy Gilkes Received on Wed Jan 13 1999 - 10:50:07 CST