Don't want to use Net8 Assist for Names Server Admin

From: Glen Upreti <glen.upreti_at_nau.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 08:54:53 -0700

We have been trying on our own to figure out how to administer our two names servers with some line-mode utility or something other than the cursed net8 assistant.
Actually in all fairness to the Net 8 assistant it is just that it is not as stable as we would like, we have 3 workstations we want it installed on, but only one workstation recognizes both names servers, and occasionally they report that a names server is up and the names server is actually down?!? I don't know, if the net8 assist was more stable I would have no problem running it even though I really prefer line mode utilities.
But if anyone has figured out how to enter new service names/db's/aliases without using the net8 assistant or if you know that one version of the net8 assist (we are running 805) is more stable, or if there are any patches that anyone has applied I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Glen

Glen Upreti	Oracle 7 OCP & Oracle Master Of Technology DBA
Oracle DBA
Northern Arizona University
Phone: (520)523-8393  	Fax:(520)523-7407
Glen.Upreti_at_nau.edu Received on Wed Jan 13 1999 - 09:54:53 CST