Specs for an Oracle8 Server

From: A. Jensen <auj_at_storebrand.no>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 15:29:18 +0100

I am a beginner DBA and my first project are soon going in production. I want some tips on how to estimate the hardware this should run on. I guess I can figure out the disc-space needed, I am more concerned about the RAM, and anything else I should consider.
The db is quite small; approx 25 tables and 20 of these will hold less than 100 rows, the rest will be in range 100' to 2.5''. The database will have approx. 1500 users, most of them connected 8 hours a day. How much memory does the server need for one connection? Most inserts will happen at night in batch-jobs via SQL*LOADER.
Can anyone give some hints in this area? What other number do I need for deciding RAM on the server.

A Received on Wed Jan 13 1999 - 08:29:18 CST