Re: NT vs Unix

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 15:46:54 +0200

Ed Bruce wrote in message <369A50F7.D369E0D1_at_ha.hac.com>...

>The simplest way to get access to Oracle is to get sysadmin privileges
>under NT. It is my understanding that there are still known methods to
>do this under all releases and patches of NT. Once I have sysadmin
>privileges I could modify the config and init files, the listener and
>tnsnames, etc. I could give myself access to Oracle with sysdba and
>sysoper privileges.

If I understand you, you're saying that the NT administrator (or a user that's part of the admin group) can do whatever they like with Oracle? Exactly the same is true under Unix. Give me root password, or make my user group root and I'll do whatever I like with Oracle on a Unix box. Received on Wed Jan 13 1999 - 07:46:54 CST