Touble to Configure Oracle for Multi-thread server processes

From: APS <abdelkafi_at_skynet.be>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 14:38:35 +0000

Hello,
I would like to configure oracle for multi-thread server processes configuration but when I start
the instance, I receive the following error message : ORA - 00101 : invalid parameter MTS_DISPATCHERS
REM : In dedicated server processes configuration (default configuration after Oracle start), the instance start ! Note : Windows NT Server 4.0 + SP 3 + Oracle 8.0.3

Here is the two files init.ora(the faulty file ?) and listener.ora

Thanks for you help.

#INIT.ORA file
db_name=product
db_files = 1024
control_files = D:\ORANT\DATABASE\ctl1orc1.ora db_file_multiblock_read_count = 8
db_block_buffers = 200
shared_pool_size = 3500000
log_checkpoint_interval = 10000
processes = 59
parallel_max_servers = 5
log_buffer = 8192

sequence_cache_entries =  10
sequence_cache_hash_buckets =  10
max_dump_file_size = 10240
rollback_segments = (RSU1, RSU2)

global_names = TRUE
background_dump_dest=D:\ORANT\DATABASE\trace user_dump_dest=D:\ORANT\DATABASE\trace
db_block_size = 2048
remote_login_passwordfile = none
os_authent_prefix = ""
text_enable = TRUE
open_links = 4
mts_listener_address = "(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(PORT=2000)(HOST=ras)" mts_dispatchers = "TCP, 1"
# I have also tried mts_dispatchers = "TCPIP, 1"
                    mts_dispatchers = "tcp, 1"
                    mts_dispatchers = "tcpip, 1"
                    mts_dispatchers = "(PROTOCOL=TCP)(DISPATCHERS=1)"

# note : are these parameters (tcp,tcpip) case sensitive ?

mts_max_dispatchers = 3
mts_servers = 1
mts_max_servers = 3

# listener.ora
LISTENER =
  (ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS=

(PROTOCOL= IPC)
(KEY= oracle.world)
) (ADDRESS=
(PROTOCOL= IPC)
(KEY= ORC1)
) (ADDRESS=
(COMMUNITY= NMP.world)
(PROTOCOL= NMP)
(SERVER= APS-RAS)
(PIPE= ORAPIPE)
) (ADDRESS=
(PROTOCOL= TCP)
(Host= ras)
(Port= 1521)
) (ADDRESS=
(PROTOCOL= TCP)
(Host= ras)
(Port= 1526)
) (ADDRESS=
(PROTOCOL= TCP)
(Host= ras)
(Port= 2000)
) (ADDRESS=
(PROTOCOL= TCP)
(Host= 127.0.0.1)
(Port= 1521)
)

  )
STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_LISTENER = 0
CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER = 10
TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER = 0
SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
      (GLOBAL_DBNAME = ras)
      (SID_NAME = ORC1)

    )
    (SID_DESC =
      (SID_NAME = extproc)
      (PROGRAM=extproc)

    )
  )
PASSWORDS_LISTENER = (oracle) Received on Wed Jan 13 1999 - 08:38:35 CST