Re: Oracle Net8 installation

From: R. A. Khan <khan_at_informatik.fh-hamburg.de>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 14:20:54 +0100

chittaris_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to do a post installation steps for Oracle Net8.0 on Unix DEC
> alpha machine running Digital Unix 4.0D. When I start to check the status of
> the listener by "lsnrctl status", I get an error as
>
> lsnrctl: /sbin/loader: Fatal Error: cannot map libclntsh.so.1.0
>
> I did not find the libclntsh.so file in my system.
> Moreover in setting up the Pro*C/C++ I do not have the ottccfg.h and pcscfg.h
> files in $ORACLE_HOME/precomp/admin directory.
>
> How can I resolve this problem? Can anyone please advise me on this.
> Thanks for you help in advance,
>
> Shiva

Hello shiva,

maybe that something went wrong with your installation. On Oracle8 on Digital Unix (i suppose on every Unix), the libclntsh.so should be in the directory $ORACLE_HOME/lib, where ORACLE_HOME is the alias to the installed Oracle Directories, something like "/oracle/app/oracle/product/8.0.3". This is the place where it resides at my place. But if it is there, the "$ORACLE_HOME/lib" should also be in your PATH. You can check the Path Variable with "env". If it is not there, you have to put it in there, but i guess then, that something went wrong with the installation, either the installation or the following procedures (something like running the root.sh after installation).

Don't know if this helps you,

regards

--
Dipl. Ing. R. Ali-Khan