SNMP & Enterprise Manager

From: Stephen Dance <steved_at_D1059kellock.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 11:53:19 -0000

Can anyone tell me how to get registered events in Oracle Enterprise Manager to trigger an SNMP trap which will then be picked up on my Openview Console ??

We are using Oracle 7.3.3 on NT 4.0 SP3. OEM is 1.3.5.

At the moment I only have instance up/down setup to mail me and produce an SNMP trap. The mailing part works fine, but no trap is produced.

The server Oracle is running on is a temporary machine on loan to us, Oracle and NT were preinstalled by the loaning company and I had to add the SNMP service AFTER Oracle was installed. I have seen problems with other apps when SNMP support is added after the app was installed - does anyone know if Oracle suffers the same way ??

Thanks

STEVE --
To reply remove D1059 Received on Wed Jan 13 1999 - 05:53:19 CST