Reasons for Job queues misbehaviour??

From: <pgaur_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 09:57:58 GMT

Hi, I submitted a job in Oracle 7.3.2 , with the execution interval of 1 minute. According to the rules of job queues, the job should be marked brocken only after 16 failed attempts. Here, since the execution interval is 1 minute, either oracle will fail in 17 minutes (when detects the second failure after 2 more minutes, will see that the execution interval was 1 min so should try again after 1 min), or if the retry is made with doubled the time span between two consecutive retries , than it should come in days. But both the things were not found here. Here the failure was indicated finally in about 5 hours.Neither in 17 min nor in many days(1+2+4+8......). I am really stucked up here. Can anybody help me! Thanx. Praveen Gaur