Any experiences with datafiles on RAID 5 with cache

From: Jarmo Blomster <jarmo.blomster_at_ccc.fi>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 10:14:10 +0200

Hi,

Is there any experiences about placing data files (table space+index space) on Digital Raid Array 310/3000 with HSZ22 controllers. The RAID level will be 5.

To my knowledge there is 16 MB cache available, how much does the cache speed up write operations?

How do I estimate the effect of cache in this environment?

TIA,
Jarmo Received on Wed Jan 13 1999 - 02:14:10 CST