error accessing package dbms_application_info

From: Eddie Johnson Jr. <edjohnjr_at_cwix.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 04:22:05 GMT

After doing a 8.0.5 installation I then ran catalog and catproc.sql. I logged in as system/manager and recieved the following error message: Ora-06509: PL/SQL: ICD vector missing for this package, ORA-06512: at "SYSTEM.DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO", line 37, ORA-06512: at line 1. Spoke with technical support and had run a script file to find out what packages did not belong to system, then was instructed to "drop package system.dbms_(package name)" and rerun the script which I did. After dropping all the packages that were invalid I ran the script again and it left me with the following valid package for sys and system. (DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO). At this point I do not know what to do from here. Do I delete this package, do I leave it as it is, or is there some fix for this particular package. Oh! by the way I ran all the script file logged in as internal including catalog and catproc. Will this affect the performance of Oracle.

edjohnjr_at_cwix.com Received on Tue Jan 12 1999 - 22:22:05 CST