Re: URGENT!! Cannot Connect to Personal Oracle 8

From: <dperez_at_juno_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 03:03:41 GMT

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999 19:30:01 -0500, Joe D'souza <joedz_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have installed Personal Oracle 8 and Developer/2000 ver 2.1 on my
>machine.
>I added a new service (or connect srting) using Net8 Easy config
>utility. Using SQL*PLUS 8.0 I can connect to the database.
>
>But I cannot connect using Forms 5.0 or any other oracle product.. I
>have tried installing SQL*Net and adding a connect string in it also.
>But either one does not work. Is there something I am missing?? With
>personal oracle ver 7.3 you didn't have to bother with any SQL* net
>configuring?

Been there, just did that............. check your listener.ora and tnsnames.ora files in the net80/admin directory. Hopefully, your sojourn into Net8 Easy config (which I have NEVER successfully run) you'll have all the right bits in place to get connected.........

Copy the listener.ora, sqlnet.ora, and tnsnames.ora from net80/admin to network/admin. This is because even though Developer is now version 2, Oracle STILL has it using some old version of network...... At least, this is what I had to do to get MINE to work......... Received on Tue Jan 12 1999 - 21:03:41 CST