Re: Connection to NT Oracle Server v7.3.2.2.1 takes too long

From: <nigel_tufnel_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 22:52:25 GMT

Along the same lines as Wolfgang's post, check to see how long it takes that PC to start pinging the server. Ignore the Reply times, just find out how long from the time you type

C:\> ping DB_server

to the time you start gettting replies. If it takes a long time (more than a second) you may want to add your server's IP address to the NT host file. (search for hosts.sam and rename it to hosts)

Regards,

Nigel