Database backups

From: Zachary Agatstein <Zachary.Agatstein_at_atsc.allied.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 12:56:09 -0500

Hi,
I am putting together a procedure for database backups.

Once a week, I plan to perform a hot backup of all tablespaces and the control file. This includes "ALTER TABLESPACE name BEGIN BACKUP; actual backup; ALTER TABLESPACE name END BACKUP;" for each tablespace, then "ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE; actual backup of the .trc file", and then "ALTER SYSTEM SWITCH LOGFILE;".

In addition, once a day an automatic script backs up all ARCxxxx.dbf files created by the archiver with the database in ARCHIVELOG mode.

The question is -- is there anything else I need to back up?

Zach Received on Tue Jan 12 1999 - 11:56:09 CST