Re: Which default date format for Y2K

From: Shawn Ramsey <srams_at_nospamexcell.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 09:44:22 -0800

I would watch out with doing this until you access all of your applications. I had a problem with our Y2K manager telling the DBA to do this and crashing a lot of applications that were counting on the implicit date conversion. You need to ensure that any applications that you are running are doing explicit date conversions before making a global change like this.