Re: could not allocate semaphores.

From: Karel Novotny <knovotny_at_per4mance.cz>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 13:30:06 GMT

I think, that the first described error you can eliminate by setting Solaris semaphore parameters to values recommended by Oracle Server installation guide (system reqs.)! It gots well on SGI Irix for me. The second problem is successive to the first one. Try to kill all oracle processes before trying to start instance, or simply restart machine before it!

Karel