How to restore a controlfile ?

From: Xavier Gabalda <xgabalda_at_vincle.es>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 13:31:33 +0100

Hi.

I have I database with a damaged controlfile, so, I want to substitute it with a correct one.

I have restored a good one from a backup tool ( not an oracle tool ).

Then, I have copied CTL1ORCL.ORA to its correct location.

When l open the database ( alter database "orcl" open ), I see the error 'ORA-01207' ( oracle detects an older version of CTL1ORCL.ORA file respect to 'SYS1ORCL.ORA file ).

How can avoid this error. Must I to restore 'SYS1ORCL.ORA' file. ?

Must I restore another files ?

Thank you. Received on Tue Jan 12 1999 - 06:31:33 CST