Creating a new instance in Oracle 8

From: <migdomingo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 09:56:01 GMT

Hi! I've got several problems when I try to create a new oracle 8 instance with the help of the oracle installer. I have got an instance, "test", that works out properly. I want to create a new one, working on a new database, called "scnd". Then, I run the installer, and when it asks for the instance, I type "scnd" and accept most of the defaults of the installer. In most cases, in the middle of the installation I got an error related with the crdbscnd.lst file. And when I success the re-installation, and try to start both instances, with dbstart, with the "scnd" instance I got the problem of "rollback segment R01 doesn't exist" . Anybody has a clue of what is happenning?? Thanks a lot!!