Re: How to find out when a rollback segment was created?

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 08:28:08 GMT

On 11 Jan 1999 23:41:10 GMT, markp28665_at_aol.com (MarkP28665) wrote:

>From: mingye.zhang_at_usa.net >>
>I have difficulty to find out when a rollback segment was created and by whom.
><<
>
>I do not have access to my system to check, but I think that rollback segments
>information is available in sys.dba_objects which does have a creation date.
>
>As far as who created the segment I think you are out of luck unless you have
>auditing of the create command turned on. Whoever created the segment had to
>be a DBA or have had access to svrmgrl via connect internal.
>
>Good hunting.

Good guess, Mark, but unfortunately RB segments are not among the types of objects stored in the obj$ fixed table on which DBA_OBJECTS view is based. Furtheremore, there seems to be no fixed table that holds the creation timestamp for the rollback segment.

>Mark Powell -- Oracle 7 Certified DBA
>- The only advice that counts is the advice that you follow so follow your own
>advice -

Regards,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Tue Jan 12 1999 - 02:28:08 CST