Re: URGENT!! Cannot Connect to Personal Oracle 8

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 07:12:49 +0100

Hi Joe,
It is most unlikely you can connect using sql*plus and can't connect using Forms. Without knowing the exact error message, it will be very difficult to resolve this. The current network software is Net8, sqlnet is supposed to work with O7 databases only.
Yes, Oracle changed the way PO is working, which is only lucky because in the past PO couldn't coexist with a regular client, because of the different networking software (which was there, but you didn't need to bother about).

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA