Re: Is RAID useful for Oracle database files?

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 23:12:24 -0500

Hi:

Check the site below. There is a whole discussion of database files on RAID under the O/S - RAID section, including equations to estimated workload capacity based on the RAID level, individual disk workload capacity, and number of disks. (It's specific to NT, but the same rules apply for UNIX).

Good luck,
--
David C. Sisk
The Unofficial ORACLE on NT site