Syncing archive logs?

From: Karl E. Taylor <ktaylor_at_dragon.illusions.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 12:02:54 -0700

Hi there.

Here's the project. I have to Oracle 8.0.3 instances running on 2 Sun 4500's separated by a dozen states.

OLTP
on 1.1.10.170

Hot Swap of OLTP
on 1.1.18.164

The client does not want to run a parallel server environment through a slow frame relay connection. What I need to do is capture the finished archive log, copy it via rcp to the Hot Swap system, then apply that log to the Hot Swap instance. Capturing the archive log is not a problem, transferring and applying the log is not a problem, I think. The problem I have is, how do I sync the archive logs before any of the rest of this starts?

I would like both systems to start over from 0 and through this update method, they will stay in sync -1 on the Hot Swap side.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
--

Rev. Karl E. Taylor ktaylor_at_dragon.illusions.com

A.A #1143 ULC Minister

Home School Educator for Computer Science

Apostle of Dr. Lao