Problems of new datafiles!!!!

From: m.L. <mleung_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 04:33:38 GMT

Hello guys,

        I have a rather unique situation. It was about couple weeks ago that I added a second datafile for a particular tablespace, LDS at a client site. At the beginning, everything seems normal, but now I discovered that there is no entry for the new datafile (file_id = 17) in the table dba_free_space, while there is one in the dba_data_files. Would someone know similar situation?

        Objects like image files are constantly being added and deleted on the LDS tablespace. The 2nd datafile for LDS has been increased in size much faster than I expected. I suspect that the free space from deleted objects is not being used.

        If anyone has any ideas what I can do, or where should I check, please send me email to my company account mleung_at_intelus.com, or simply post it here.

Thanks
Michael L Received on Mon Jan 11 1999 - 22:33:38 CST