Re: explain plan for another user

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 11 Jan 1999 23:49:21 GMT

From: "Gerard H. Pille" >>
When I'm connected as system or sys, would it be possible for me to get an "explain plan" for a statement executed by another user? <<

You do not even need to be sys or system, if you have access to all the tables in the SQL you can explain the SQL, and you will get the same plan providing that:
1 - the other user did not issue an alter session set optimizer_goal command to other than the database setting. You could do the same. 2 - the object statistics have not been updated since they issued the SQL as this could cause a different access path to be chosen.

You can find other the SQL being executed by a user in several v$ views like $sql_text.

I hope this helps.

Mark Powell -- Oracle 7 Certified DBA
- The only advice that counts is the advice that you follow so follow your own advice - Received on Mon Jan 11 1999 - 17:49:21 CST