Oracle 8.0.4 installation --OEM sucks

From: Dharambir Marwaha <dharambirmarwaha_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 18:46:16 -0500

I have just installed Oracle Enterprise Edition 8.0.4 on windows NT 4.0 for internet application usage..

1)I need to create two databases ,i.e one for production and another for development purposes.Should I do it on the same machine??

2)While attempting to install OEM for my databases I found the information in the installation manual to be very confusing. It says that the repository database(????)and the production database(???) should not be in the same database(???).If I do so then I will not be able to perform many DBA tasks.Now I really dont know how to interpret the term 'database' out here.

But I still worked on step-by-step as instructed by the guide.At the end I found a new user being created in the same database(ORCL) who owned the repository tables.

Could someone please explain in simple languagewhat is happening.Thanks in advance.I'm a front end application developer doing some server installation for the first time.
Personal reply to dharam_at_globalnoise.com would be highly appreciated. Received on Mon Jan 11 1999 - 17:46:16 CST