Re: NT vs Unix

From: Gerry Sinkiewicz <sinkiege_at_snet.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 99 21:52:57 GMT

Where I work we have only solaris boxes as Oracle servers at this time. We are however preparing for the inevitable request to put Oracle on an NT box somewhere in the world. We are actually looking forward to it with the prospect that it will be a nice challenge for the proper application and availabiltiy requirements.

But or SAP ERP system will live on a 40+ processor E10000 (or three). This is not the right application for NT at least within our company.

Sorry for not including the original text, but my news server rejects it when there is more included than I write? Received on Mon Jan 11 1999 - 15:52:57 CST