Pro*C and Varchar2 columns

From: S Wilson <sawnews01_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 11 Jan 1999 13:52:12 GMT

At a previous installation that I worked on, when a VARCHAR2 column was selected and retrieved into a char array in C, the value returned was null-terminated after the last character. At the current installation VARCHAR2 columns are returned into char arrays blank-padded to the full length of the array.

At the first installation, there were no equivalencing statements used, or VARCHAR variables, etc. I have worked with both the MODE and DBMS parameters in the makefile to no avail at the current installation.

Anyone have any other suggestions to why the first installation was null-terminating correctly, and the second is not?

First: Oracle 7.3.4 on AIZ
Second: Oracle 7.3.3 on SunOS Received on Mon Jan 11 1999 - 07:52:12 CST