Re: Snapshot too old: Rollback Segment number xx with name 'ccc' too small

From: Kenny Gump <kgump_at_mylanlabs.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 08:20:41 -0500

Recreate the Rollback Segments with a bigger MIN_EXTENTS. Oracle recommends a MIN_EXTENTS of 20. Rollback segments are used in a circular fashion and if a transaction commits, the segment is marked as re-usable. By making bigger rollback segs you increase the time it takes until the segment is actually reused. Check the manuals under "Read Consistancy".

Kenny Gump
OCP 7.3 DBA