Re: Rulebased optimizer problem

From: Uwe Hoell <hoell_at_aeb.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 09:24:21 +0100

I checked it also out - Oracle is still using testi2... I think, that John Harris is right, but we can't estimate statistics, since our customers don't want to do that - they dont want to use the costbased optimizer because on their DB is also running SAP, and it is optimized for the rulebased optimizer.
So we had to go on on writing hints (and to do the optimizers job :-((). Received on Mon Jan 11 1999 - 02:24:21 CST