Oracle 8 and memory on NT --reboot?

From: David Spaisman <davedba_at_intercall.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 20:45:05 -0800

ello :

I have noticed that NT server does not easily release memory and periodically the server needs to be shutdown to recoup the memory.

My questions are :

  1. To shutdown the NT server, either manually or ny batch, do I always need to stop the two oracle services first? Is not, will the database crash?

Is there anyway to to gracefully shutdown the instance on NT if the server needs to be rebooted without manually stoppping the Oracle services?

2) How often do I nned to have the NT server rebooted? Although I realize this is
application-specific, has anyone experienced the need to reboot the server periodically ? How often? Any problems with Oracle or any other applications being able to start?

Any information that can be provided will be greatly appreciated? Thanks.

David Spaisman Received on Sun Jan 10 1999 - 22:45:05 CST