Snapshot too old: Rollback Segment number xx with name 'ccc' too small

From: D Huynh <remove.duchuynh_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 09:44:11 -0800

I have a test application that opens a table, goes thru a loop and inidividually updates each of the 2 millions records. About 500,000 records into the run, the above error (Rollback segment too small) occurs and the apps terminates.

I've expanded the rollback segment table space, expanded each individual rollback segment with a unlimited number of extends (each extends is set to 125 data blocks).

I shut down and restart the instance, and event try to reboot the manchine, but the rollback segments seem to stay at .293 Mb (300kb). And the program still faileds.

I know that a real app is not supposed to perform that many trans with explicitly committing them, but how can I make the rollback segment bigger so that my test app won't fail.

TIA. Received on Sun Jan 10 1999 - 11:44:11 CST