Using Oracle OCI 8.x on AIX 4.2

From: Riaz Merchant <riazm_at_mertechdata.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 23:06:55 -0500

Hi all,

we have an application compiled with AIX c89 ( or xlc ) compiler. This application loads
a database driver (using dlopen) which is a shared library also compiled under c89. This driver
is linked with Oracle's OCI libraries. The loading goes okay, however, when we call any OCI functions, the application aborts with a core dump. Does any one have idea what could be causing this? I know that the OCI libraries are compiled with xlc_r ( thread safe ) compilers but they should be loadable from
a c89 compiled application.

Any help will be appreciated.

Riaz Merchant
Mertech Data Systems Inc
Miami FL Received on Sat Jan 09 1999 - 22:06:55 CST