Re: Oracle on NT vs. Solaris, first results

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 1999 22:18:19 GMT

On Sat, 09 Jan 1999 03:24:58 GMT, nigel_tufnel_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

>I already mentioned that SYSADM user is gone from the default in Oracle, so
>when you create a new DB you must add him if you're going to be importing an
>Oracle 7 db.

Just of curiousity, but what should this SYSADM user be used for? You seem to be constantly refering to this user/schema as being one of the defaultly created schemas in an Oracle7 database, but AFAIK there has never been any such schema created by default, at least not since Oracle6.

>Nigel

Regards,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Sat Jan 09 1999 - 16:18:19 CST