Re: Open Cursor

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 1999 07:51:55 +0100

Hi Mr. Pillai
As far as I have seen in Oracle 7 no implicit cursors are being released whether in sqlplus or in pl/sql. This is why always advise people in pl/sql programs to avoid implicit cursors. As sqlplus is dynamically/interpreted sql only, I don't believe much can be done about this situation.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA