Releasing Lock by other users

From: Robert Chung <robertch_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 1999 02:28:37 GMT

I can find out which object in database is locked by which user by taking a look at v$locked_object and dba_objects views, but I do not know how to unlock that object. Is there any wayfor DBA to unlock those objects locked by other users? So far I have been just killing their session to unlock those objects. (oh, silly.) Thanks in advance. Received on Fri Jan 08 1999 - 20:28:37 CST