How to do automatic Periodic Maintenance with triggers/procedures ?

From: Stein Andersen <stein.andersen_at_c2i.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 02:30:55 +0100

Concerning Oracle Server 7.3.x and 7.2.x on Windows NT (and UNIX),

In a database I am setting up, I have the need to execute some SQL with certains intervalls (a few hours). I am currently using an at-command in Windows-NT/Unix to insert a row in a tabel, and as a result of that a trigger
which does the actual job is fired.

Does anybody know about a way in the basic server-installation for 7.2/7.3 to
execute a trigger or procedure on a given time, or with regular intervalls. Received on Fri Jan 08 1999 - 19:30:55 CST