Re: FIRST JAVA SELECT VERY SLOW

From: <ronb_at_digitalmarket.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 21:47:05 GMT

This is most likely because the first select statement in your cgi program (or any SQL based program/script) is having to go out to disk to get the data requested by the first select. The next select statement in the program will probably have many of the needed data blocks already in the SGA that were placed there by the first statement so it does not have to go out to the disk as much. In other words, your second and following select statements will have a higher cache hit ratio than the first statement.

Regards

Ron Bogdanoff
Sr. Software Engineer
Digital Market Inc.