Re: oracle instance is not running

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 20:46:03 +0100

Hi Ruediger
More detail provided by Oracle should be available in the alert log. This file is sitting in your background dump directory as specified by background_dump_dest in your init<sid>.ora. This last file is located in %ORACLE_HOME%\database.
Probably posting the alert<sid>.log will provide more clues as to what happened.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA