Re: Need help with hot backup of tablespace (ORA-1128, ORA-1113)

From: <mpir_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 16:21:01 GMT

I don't have any 7.1 documentation any more, but in later versions this might work:

1- startup mount database
2- alter database datafile 'filename' offline drop;
3- alter database open

Before you do this, you might check sys.dba_data_files for the file name and file id, then sys.dba_extents for that file id to see if anything is supposed to be there.

--
Joseph R.P. Maloney, CCP,CSP,CDP
MPiR, Inc.