Re: Multiple Server Versions on one machine

From: <kromerm_at_comcell.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 16:11:08 GMT

Thanks to everyone for your responses and your help.

The issues Kenny speaks of below, however, brings up an interesting question, though... If the 2 separate servers are running with separate listeners, etc... What is the effect of the environment variable ORACLE_HOME with 2 separate directory paths on one machine, and only 1 ORACLE_HOME if they are both running?

I mean... I see how Oracle allows a config where you can switch between 2 different ORACLE_HOMEs, but what about when they are both running?

mk