AVG_SPACE of what ??!

From: <alt_at_interchange.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 15:45:48 GMT

Hi

I've analyzed some tables in a schema and I'm trying to make sense of the statistics returned.

In the view USER_TABLES there are columns for num_rows, avg_row_len etc which are self explanatary but what does the AVG_SPACE relate to? Is it the average space used in a block or left in a block or what? I cant find any reference to this in a manual.

Please email a reply to alt_at_interchange.co.uk

Thanks for the help.

Al